Our pediatric infectious diseases physicians provide consultations for children and teenagers with various types of infections, including:
- Prolonged or unexpected fever
- Recurrent infections
- Skin infections
- Bone and joint infections
- Various viral, fungal and parasitic infections
- Congenital Infection: Provides consultations to pregnant women with infections during pregnancy that might affect their babies such as: CMV, HIV, Toxoplasmosis, HBV and HCV infections. We also evaluate and manage babies with suspected or documented congenital infections.
- HIV Care: We provide full clinical service for children and adolescents with HIV. We provide HIV testing and counseling to any adolescent or child who is referred for testing.
- Tuberculosis (TB): We provide evaluation and management for all children with tuberculosis, working closely with the Cuyahoga County TB clinic, which is located at MetroHealth. We also provide TB testing and counseling.
- Home Intravenous Antibiotic Therapy: We treat and follow up with your child for infections that require long-term intravenous (IV) therapy.
- Travel Medicine: We provide advice regarding immunizations and infection precautions as dictated by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Adoption Screenings: We provide consultations regarding immunization and screening for infections for adopting families.
Make an Appointment
To schedule an appointment, call 216-778-4284. Patients are seen at
MetroHealth Medical Center
Women & Children's Pavilion, 1st Floor
2500 MetroHealth Drive
Cleveland, OH 44109
[map and directions]
Pediatric Infectious Disease Physicians
Nazha F. Abughali, MD
Interim Chair, Department of Pediatrics
Director, Pediatric Infectious Disease
Associate Professor, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
Specialties: Pediatric Infectious Disease, Pediatrics, Children’s Health
Learn more about Dr. Nazha F. Abughali
Rebecca Schein, MD
Assistant Professor, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
Specialties: Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Pediatrics, Infections in Pregnant Women and Newborns
Learn more about Dr. Rebecca Schein