Stroke & Cerebrovascular Center
Stroke Awareness Quiz
1) Stroke only affects older males.
2) All hospital stroke centers have the same capabilities to treat stroke.
3) With some exceptions such as aging, gender, and heredity, stroke is largely preventable.
4) Treating stroke as soon as possible lowers the risk of disability and even death.
5) The most common form of stroke is a hemorrhagic stroke, which occurs when a weakened blood vessel ruptures or breaks, leaking blood into the brain.
6) High blood pressure is the single most important risk factor for stroke.
7) If you think someone is having a stroke, you should ask them to smile, raise both arms, and to repeat a simple sentence.