Tips for Living Healthy
MetroHealth's expert nutritionists have put together easy-to-follow information that will help you create a healthy and filling meal. From portion sizes to specific foods to fill dietary needs, we'll help you eat healthy and live better.
Living healthy is easier than you think! Start by setting daily, achievable goals for diet and exercise. These quick tips will help you make the right choices in your path to healthy living.
- Include fruit with your breakfast every day. Grab an apple or banana to munch on the go or sip a glass of orange juice while you commute.
- Give new meaning to "I'm totally going to veg out tonight" and double the portion of vegetables on your dinner plate.
- Exercise doesn't have to be an all-day event. If you can't fit in a long workout, pencil in 15 minutes of activity when possible.
- Avoid prepared foods to reduce excess sodium in your diet. Instead, prepare your meals from scratch using lower-sodium products.
- Dining out? Avoid these menu items: breaded, creamy, crispy, scalloped, and Alfredo. These are cues that what you're ordering is potentially high in calories, unhealthy fats, and sodium.
- Decrease your sugar intake by adding fruit to foods as a tasty sweetener. Try adding fruit to cereals, oatmeal, or plain yogurt.
For more ideas on living healthy, make an appointment with a MetroHealth nutritionist.
Call the MetroHealth Nutrition Clinic at 216-778-7835.