The Chester Summer Scholars Program
The 2013 program runs from Monday, June 3, through Friday, August 1.
- The applicant must have completed second year of undergraduate studies in premedical or scientific studies.
- The applicant must be a resident of Ohio or attend an Ohio college or university.
Each recipient will receive a stipend award of $2,500. Supplies and equipment are provided by MetroHealth Medical Center. Parking is provided for the 10 weeks.
If housing is required for the summer, students can contact Case Western Reserve University at 216-368-3890 or learn more online. Housing will be at each student’s own expense and generally runs around $20 per night.
A completed application that consists of the following should be postmarked no later than Friday, February 15, 2013.
- A typed Chester Summer Scholars Program application must be submitted.
- A copy of official school transcripts.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from individuals with academic or previous scientific work connections.
Any application received incomplete or after the February 15, 2013 deadline date will be considered invalid and the student will be ineligible to participate in the program.
Students will be notified of results the week of March 18, 2013.
Mail applications to:
Chester Summer Scholars Program
Neonatology, 257 Old Research Building
Attention: Rosann Prudhoe
2500 MetroHealth Drive
Cleveland, Ohio 44109-1998