Graduates of medical schools in the United States and other countries are eligible to apply for appointments to our three-year Family Medicine Residency Program. We offer six categorical intern positions annually through the National Residency Matching Program. Appointments begin July 1, for a period of one year.
If you are interested in applying for a Family Medicine Level 1 position:
- Submit an application through the AAMC’s Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS). Visit www.aamc.org/eras for up-to-date information on the ERAS application process. (Note: Applications received via email or fax will be discarded.)
- After receiving your application materials, we will notify you about a personal interview visit. Due to the large number of applications, we cannot offer personal interviews to all applicants. Assistance with accommodations is provided.
For more information, contact our Residency Program Coordinator:
For details of the matching procedure, contact:
National Resident Matching Program
2450 North Street, NW, Suite 201
Washington, DC 20037
Important Information for Applicants
The following items must be submitted through ERAS before an application can be reviewed:
- Curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 scores
- Medical school transcript with dean’s letter
- Medical student performance evaluation
- Applicant must be ECFMG certified before contract start date
- Minimum score of 80 on USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 are required with no more than 2 attempts
- A minimum of three months clinical experience in the U.S., U.K., or Canada is required. This includes, but not limited to externships and observerships. Research experience will not be accepted in lieu of clinical experience.
- We accept and sponsor both J1 and H1-B visas
- Medical school graduation date cut-off is 2006
- Interview season is October-February
- Application deadline: December 15