CTSC Clinical Research Unit at MetroHealth
The CRU offers nutrition resources to facilitate research protocols.
Our kitchen is fully equipped for the preparation of protocol specific meals and controlled diets. Protocol meals can be prepared for patient consumption at home or as the study design dictates.
A research dietician is available to offer the following services:
- Formulation of study diet composition
- Nutrient analysis utilizing computer software
- Development of specialized nutrition education materials
- Individualized nutritional assessment and education
- Nutrient specific evaluation of dietary recalls
- Nutrition related literature searches
Specialized Nutritional Resources
- Basic anthropometric equipment
- Hydro-densitometry system
- Bioimpedence system
- Bone densitometer (DEXA)
- Bod Pod
- Pea Pod
For more information, contact Alicia Thomas, MS, RD, LD at email@example.com.