CTSC Clinical Research Unit at MetroHealth
GC Mass Spectometry
The General Clinical Research Center
(GCRC) investigators can utilize the mass spectrometry
resource located at CASE. A new Hewlett Packard GC-mass spectrometry (gas
chromatography) instrument, capable of electron impact and (positive and
negative) chemical ionization analysis, is available.
What can we do?
- All of the previous assays, i.e. glucose, glycerol,
and amino acid/urea kinetics.
- Analytical methods for the study
of whole body metabolism using stable isotopic tracers, in particular
glucose and amino acids.
- Total energy expenditure using "doubly-labeled" water
- Protein turnover in free-living subjects using
- Regulation of glucose metabolism using Intravenous
Glucose Tolerance Test and/or Oral Glucose Tolerance Test with
GC-MS Stable Isotope Core
Stephen F. Previs, Ph.D.
Department of Nutrition
BRB 921, email@example.com