Medical Student Electives
MetroHealth will be using VSAS, the Visiting Student application Service, to receive visiting student applications. Applications may be submitted through VSAS starting on April 15, 2012. To apply to our institution, please complete and send us a VSAS application for your preferred electives and dates.
For students of LCME Recognized Caribbean Medical Schools, download and print the Medical Student Elective Application for a fourth-year elective at MetroHealth. Please follow the guidelines below in completing and submitting your application.
- The application must be filled in completely. Note that there are sections for you to fill out and sections for your school to fill out. Copies of either Step 1 Score or Complex Part 1 Score and proof of malpractice insurance coverage must accompany the application.
- Applications should be received 90 days prior to the requested start of a requested rotation. View the rotation schedule.
- If all required documentation is not enclosed with the application, it will delay processing of the application. We will NOT notify you of any missing documents. It is your responsibility to follow up with the proper documents.
- If you are accepted for a rotation, you will receive a confirmation letter. Completing an application does not constitute acceptance of the requested rotation.
- MetroHealth Medical Center offers electives only.
- Electives are filled on a space available basis. Due to limited availability, MetroHealth has the right to limit the number of rotations per student.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact Kathleen Longley, Medical Student Specialist, at 216-778-5369 or firstname.lastname@example.org.