Graduate Medical Education
I've matched. Now what?
Congratulations on your match with The MetroHealth System! We look forward to having you train at our institution. As with most of what you will experience in life, there is quite a bit of paperwork to do in order to make your appointment final.
The information below will guide you through the documents that you will be required to submit. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email or call the Graduate Medical Education office or your respective program coordinator's office.
Required New Hire/Benefit Forms
All New Hire/Benefit Forms can be found by clicking here.
Bring ALL completed documents to your mandatory hospital orientation. Failure to complete the required forms will delay your paycheck. Questions can be directed to the Benefits Department, 216-975-2366.
Required GME Documents
The following documents must be submitted by Friday, April 26, 2013, to ensure efficient on-boarding:
It is very important that you read through all of the materials carefully. You will not be placed on payroll until you have been declared eligible for employment.
Tuesday, June 18, 2013 or Friday, July 1, 2013
Check with your department to see if a specific day is required.
- You will receive orientation scheduling information via your email.
- Orientation is mandatory for all new residents and fellows. Attendance is documented at the new resident/fellow orientation.
- Pre-Employment Appointment will include:
- Completion of a pre-employment health screening, including a drug screen via urinalysis. Print and complete the Health Screening Demographics forms to your appointment.
- Acquire a full set of fingerprints for background check by the MetroHealth Police Department.
- Obtain a MetroHealth ID badge.
- Human Resources requires all documents to be completed and submitted on the day of your Hospital Orientation.
MetroHealth does not provide housing. We have collected information to assist in your search. Click here for information.
The Cleveland Plain Dealer
Ohio Schools Report Cards and Ratings