Graduate Medical Education
House Officers' Association
MetroHealth encourages and supports the Medical Center's active House Officers' Association (HOA). Led by a group of peer-appointed individuals, all residents are invited to join the association and/or run for one of the many positions available. Appointments are for a one-year term and include positions for President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Social Coordinator, Community Service and Office of Public Relations. In addition, residents may apply for appointment to one of the many committees that meet throughout the year.
Recent projects of the House Officers' Association include:
- Free Coffee every Monday with Your Coffee Card
- Free Movie Tickets Bi-Monthly
- Hosting of a Winter Holiday Party
- Joint Halloween Party with UH and Cleveland Clinic House Officers
- Welcome/Goodbye Cruise
- Attending Recruitment Fairs
- Happy Hours at Local Establishments
- Tickets to various local attractions
In addition, the hospital has a formal Subcommittee for Residents. This venue promotes the discussion of hospital issues and items that are relevant to residency and education. All residents are invited to attend the monthly meetings, submit agenda items and bring issues to the attention of the Subcommittee for Residents.