||Schedule an Appointment:
"This was the best thing that happened to me since my daughter! I would never go back to the place I was before my surgery. MetroHealth doctors and nurses are the best people on the planet."
—Bobbie, MetroHealth Bariatric Patient
About the Weight Loss Surgery Program at MetroHealth
The Weight Loss Surgery Program at MetroHealth is recognized as a compassionate and comprehensive program for morbidly obese patients. Our interdisciplinary team consists of surgeons, nurses, obesity medicine specialists, dieticians, pulmonologists, cardiologists, and clinical psychologist. We approach obesity holistically. All aspects of the patient's needs are addressed by offering both medical and surgical interventions for the treatment of obesity.
Our expert team will coach you on the lifestyle changes you will need to make so that you can achieve your weight loss goals. We recognize that bariatric surgery is just a tool to enable you to improve your health but adhering to your postoperative diet along with exercise and behavior modification will help you maintain your achieved weight loss.
The Weight Loss Surgery Program at MetroHealth is a unique combination of cutting edge technology, a nationally renowned faculty, superior educational programs, and comprehensive support groups.
MetroHealth's bariatric surgeons specialize in laparoscopic (minimally invasive) bariatric surgery. Surgical options include the Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass and Sleeve Gastrectomy. You will discuss together with your bariatric surgeon what surgical procedure is best for you.
We offer both medical and surgical interventions for obesity and help you make the right choice for you and your lifestyle. Then we support you physically, emotionally, and spiritually because this is one of the most important decisions you will ever make. Do not deny yourself the opportunity to be healthy. Our team at MetroHealth will guide you toward making a comeback to a healthier version of yourself.
What Makes MetroHealth the Right Choice?
- All of your bariatric program specialists are located at our hospital's main campus
- There are no bariatric program fees. You will be responsible for any co-payments and office visit bills per your insurance company
- Average length of hospital stay for laparoscopic Roux-en-Y surgery and sleeve gastrectomy is 2.4 days
- Three locations available for overnight sleep studies: Main Hospital campus, South Campus Independence, OH and West Campus Westlake, OH. Learn more about MetroHealth's Center for Sleep Medicine.
- The Obesity and Weight Management Clinic is comprised of six medical weight management specialists
- Life long follow up with your surgeon, medical weight management specialist and support groups are strongly encouraged
More information: 216-778-2445
Free information sessions are held every month. Bring your spouse or a friend and let's talk about what MetroHealth's Weight Loss Surgery Program can do for you.