MetroHealth's nationally and internationally recognized Rheumatology team evaluates and treats adults and children for a variety of health issues and diseases. Services include
- outpatient and inpatient consultations
- outpatient specialty care for patients with chronic rheumatic diseases
- infusion therapies
- diagnostic and therapeutic joint drainage and injections
- soft tissue injections
Our specialists have particular expertise in the following conditions:
- inflammatory arthritis
- including rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis and childhood arthritis.
- autoimmune disorders
- including lupus and its related diseases, and more common forms of arthritis such as osteoarthritis
The department is involved in growing MetroHealth's clinical research programs, offering participation novel therapies in arthritis and lupus which may not yet be available except through our research program.
MetroHealth researchers are also involved in clinical and observational research trials about things such as quality of life and bone health that contribute to our understanding of arthritis- and osteoporosis-related diseases.