MetroHealth accepts students who have an active Ohio Registered Nursing License and an educational affiliation with an Advanced Practice Registered Nursing Graduate Program. Students must be in good academic standing at their parent school and must have their school’s approval to participate in the desired experience. See the student guidelines for details. Complete the online application here.
- The application for clinical experiences must be submitted online.
- You must complete one application for each semester/quarter requested. The application must contain all of the requested information from both the student and appropriate faculty from the student’s school before the student can be accepted.
- The application must be filled in completely. Note that there are sections for you to fill out and sections for your school to fill out. Proof of malpractice insurance coverage must be presented to the Graduate Medical Office when you come for orientation.
- Applications should be received 30 days prior to the start of requested experience and no later than the due dates listed below.
- Completion of an application does not guarantee acceptance.
- The MetroHealth System does not arrange for preceptors. You must do that yourself or ask your instructor.
- Please do not submit an application if you have not been given the name of your preceptor as you will not be processed or receive any information unless that is provided. Please allow two weeks after submission of your application for a response.
- Due to limited slots available, MetroHealth has the right to limit the number of clinical experiences per student.
PLEASE NOTE OUR CUTOFF DATES FOR THE APPLICATION; WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT AN Y APPLICATIONS BEYOND THIS CUTOFF DATE
For Winter/Spring/ January through May semester/quarter: December 5, 2013
For Summer/ May through August semester/quarter: April 5, 2014
For Fall/August through December semester/quarter: July 15, 2014
For January through May semester/quarter: December 5, 2014
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please email APNstudenteducation@metrohealth.org.